Composition of the VMC duct
Due to its composition, the VMC sheathing provides good thermal conductivity, reinforced acoustic insulation and good durability. It is composed of:
- an external aluminum layer for maximum protection of its internal part.
- 25mm or 50mm thick insulation, as the case may be, to better conserve the energy of the air flow.
- a waterproofing membrane.
- a layer of perforated aluminum to increase acoustic capabilities
- a metal spiral ensuring rigidity and durability.
For the installation of a VMC network, there are different choices of ducts, going from the rigid vmc duct to the semi-rigid vmc duct. MyDATEC opts for an aluphonic duct which, in addition to being flexible and resistant, admits a good quality of insulation. It is equipped with a 25 mm thick glass wool protection, with a thermal resistance of 0.641 m2.k/w.
- Resistance to peak temperatures
Thanks to its design, MyDATEC’s flexible sheath can withstand extreme temperatures ranging from -30°C to +250°C. In addition, we choose to install double thickness ducts for unheated rooms in order to conserve the thermal energy of the air flow.
- The smophonic aluminum sheath for heated volumes
MyDATEC offers a 25 mm thick aluminium smophonel sheath for heated volumes.
MyDATEC offers four models of ducts depending on the internal and external diameter required, including the D100, D125, D160 and D200 smophonic ducts.
- The smophonic aluminum sheath for unheated spaces
By going from 25 mm thick insulation to 50 mm thick insulation, the VMC duct contributes to the preservation of ambient heat, which minimizes heating needs in unheated spaces.
Depending on the required inner and outer diameters, MyDATEC offers four models of ducts including the D100, D125, D160 and D200 smophonic ducts.